Today was a very big day in the life of the RVF Honda machines. Rod, Craig, Leon and Mike have all been busy at BMC headquarters working their magic on an exciting new project. All will be revealed soon...
It's been a while since the last posting, but to coincide with last week's BSN full pager, I thought it only right to stick something on the blog too.
Well, what a year this has been. For Leon to wrap up a double championship at EMRA, finish in the top three in the Junior Powerbikes at Thundersport GB and collect a lap record along the way, far exceeded everyones expectations. Well done again Leon! But as we all know, this is a huge team effort, and all those involved deserve recognition of their contribution too. So here it is...
• The first thank you must go to leon. To ride so consistently all season, and always with such a big smile on your face, was amazing.
• Rod and Tracey deserve a special mention too. Week in, week out you guys prepare and look after the whole team during race days. From making sure all the bikes are fuelled to organising a banquet fit for a king. And Rod, those tailor-made side stands are just brilliant!
• I'd like to thank Mike also (as I know we all do), for top draw preparation of all the race bikes. Not only are they highly competitive machines (as Leon has proven), but they always look so pristine too. It's a pleasure ride one.
• A big thank you must go to Myles and everyone at Manbat. Without the likes of you involved in the sport, the paddocks wouldn't be half as busy as they are.
• Craig, Lennie and Chanell Collins for everything you've done this year. From helping with the bikes on race days to handing out flyers around the paddock, it hasn't gone unnoticed.
• Jo Dearden (Leon's girlfriend) for the unconditional support for Leon. 'Behind every great rider there's an even greater woman' seems an appropriate statement here. And again for the help with the flyers along with the other grid girls.
• Kath and Thomas for the 'ace' support, all the tea and toast, and allowing me to share your caravan. Thank you.
• Father for keeping the cogs turning throughout the season behind the scenes, and for the much appreciated support on every race day.
• Freddy Dunn for all the superb help with the fairing engineering and paintwork. We've kept you busy this year! Big thanks!
• Becky Hancox (Tracey's sister) for again helping with the flyers as part of the grid girls.
• All the girls at 'Signs Of The Times' - the van, bike stickers and clothing look terrific.
• Paul and Shannon at U.V.S. Signs for all the stickering of the Leon's van and Kawasaki.
• Darren Hancox for your continued help and support.
• Paul and Michelle for Leon's R6 suspension.
• Phil Griffen at Rock Oil for the continued support for the team.
• Ruth (Pud, Lennie's sister) for all the cooking and tidying away after everyone.
• Richard from racebikebitz.com for the Samco Hoses that you've supplied for all the bikes.
• Brian Smith and Family from AMS-Motorsport.co.uk for everything you've done, I know you've helped out massively with the ZXR400 and intend on doing so next year with the R6 - Thank you!
• John at Trickshifter for the continued support.
• Brian at Melmet for all your metalworking and regular race day support for the team.
• Avril and Ben for all your race day support too.
• Dan Williams for all the pro photography. We're like the paparazzi at times but the results are always worth it - you could do it for a living mate.
• Jane (my wife), Dave, Sacha and Ben for coming and cheering us on no matter what the weather decides to do.
• Ben Dorey for sorting out the new website, and for continually updating and developing it's look and content in your free time.
• Jason at Bikersworld.net for the supplying of Leon's boots and leathers etc.
• 'H' at Exactrep.com for supplying oil and filters for Leon's ZXR400.
• Neil at 'One Stop Bikes' for all your support.
• James Simpson and family along with Gordon Beckett for the morale support.
• Ken at 'Crown Luxury Cars' for building and maintaining Leon's personal website - ljrracing.co.uk
• Will Thomas at WP Suspension for supplying the suspension (of course) for the R6 at the drop of a hat.
• Mark Littler and Andy Green at 'Marfab Racing - your support and advice to Leon has been very much appreciated.
• And anyone else reading this who has helped us out along the way, it really has been appreciated...
Hello, my name is Richard Dorey. I'm one of the riders in the Shropshire based BMC Racing motorcycle team. I ride a Honda RVF 400 which has been fully race tuned and prepared by my brother Mike, owner of BMC Racing. I have been racing in various Formula 400 classes at club level for a number of years now.